acer aspire v5-573g fan cleaning

Nettflix

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Hello my laptop was running hot when playing games
And I think I want to clean the fan
I would like some advice as well as what screwdriver do I need to use to unscrew the small screws that are keeping the fan in place because they are so small I don't have a screwdriver that small

Thank you for your help!

Solution
Well, before you go opening it up, is the device still under warranty? If it is, then you do not want to open it up yourself, as that would void the warranty. In that case you would contact the manufacturer.

Now if it isn't under warranty, then you would need a smaller screwdriver to fit the screws you are trying to access. You can usually get one really cheap. Or ask someone you know who has tools if they have one that you can borrow.

Just remember if you are removing it to clean, be careful nothing (dust, etc.) gets wedged in when using compressed air. It can happen, and then you wind up having to pull it all apart again. So check it well. Also, you should replace the thermal paste at the same time.
Well, before you go opening it up, is the device still under warranty? If it is, then you do not want to open it up yourself, as that would void the warranty. In that case you would contact the manufacturer.

Now if it isn't under warranty, then you would need a smaller screwdriver to fit the screws you are trying to access. You can usually get one really cheap. Or ask someone you know who has tools if they have one that you can borrow.

Just remember if you are removing it to clean, be careful nothing (dust, etc.) gets wedged in when using compressed air. It can happen, and then you wind up having to pull it all apart again. So check it well. Also, you should replace the thermal paste at the same time.

Solution

Nettflix

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

Sorry but English isn't my first language I would like to know what warranty means and what do you mean by saying "still under warranty?" and "void the warranty."

Warranty is give to you by the manufacturer when you first purchase the device. Each company and each device usually has a different warranty length. The warranty usually states that they will be responsible for replacing or repairing the the device, or certain parts in the device, for a specific length of time. So that if the device has any issue within that time frame, you should contact the manufacturer.

Nettflix

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Also do you know how to clean the output?Because when I put my hand next to the output I don't feel any air coming out