Acer Chromebase All-in-One Brings Chrome OS to Big Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
K1 end of this year? The 14nm samsung produced replacement for X1 is out at xmas. I don't understand anyone selling a K1 for xmas. This needs x1 at least or it's xmas 14nm replacement to sell in huge numbers. Screen size nice, but I want more gpu than this. The 14nm chip will probably be 2x X1 (just double the cuda cores most likely) with Denver or whatever Denver's replacement is (denver v2?). Part of having such a big screen is gaming fun. K1 isn't bad in that dept, just saying x1 or better would sell far more. I don't know why people build stuff that won't sell. I wouldn't buy it TODAY with K1...LOL. I'd expect X1 now, and the replacement for anything at xmas.

Mike Andronico

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
K1 end of this year? The 14nm samsung produced replacement for X1 is out at xmas. I don't understand anyone selling a K1 for xmas. This needs x1 at least or it's xmas 14nm replacement to sell in huge numbers. Screen size nice, but I want more gpu than this. The 14nm chip will probably be 2x X1 (just double the cuda cores most likely) with Denver or whatever Denver's replacement is (denver v2?). Part of having such a big screen is gaming fun. K1 isn't bad in that dept, just saying x1 or better would sell far more. I don't know why people build stuff that won't sell. I wouldn't buy it TODAY with K1...LOL. I'd expect X1 now, and the replacement for anything at xmas.

True, the performance isn't going to wow anyone, especially if you try to game on it. But this is a Chrome machine (and a cheap one at that) targeted at families who are likely to mainly stream video and surf the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.