Acer E5-511 vs Asus X555LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillhad

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Hi.
I'm planning on buying a new laptop and have more or less narrowed my choice down to these two:
Asus X555LA Intel Core i5 4210u, 4gb RAM, 1tb Hd
http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asus-x555la-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-4gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-156-inch-laptop-with-optional-microsoft-office-365-personal-blue/1458147475.prd?giftListSize=18&id=gl678330136

And

Acer E5-511 Intel Celeron N2840, 8gb RAM, 1TB hd.
http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/acer-e5-511-intelreg-celerontrade-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-156-inch-laptop-with-optional-microsoft-office-365-personal-blue/1458147459.prd

I'm a student so would be running MS Office suite, social media, music, videos. Not a gamer. At all.
I've heard good things about Asus, and some scary stuff about Acer, but the price difference between the two is hefty and as a result I'm wondering if the Acer would be suitable. Reviews for both of these laptops are fairly good. Which would you recommend? TIA.

Solution
The Acer is a very basic laptop with a CPU that is generally good enough for very basic things like doing homework, writing papers and watching videos.

Asus can do that too, but since the CPU is definitely more powerful. It can allow you to multitask better like encoding music while watching Youtube. The biggest benefit is that in the long run buying the Asus can save you money because you may find that the Acer is good enough for a year or two, then you begin to get that feeling that you want something faster to keep up with whatever you are doing... and you begin your search for another laptop....
The Acer is a very basic laptop with a CPU that is generally good enough for very basic things like doing homework, writing papers and watching videos.

Asus can do that too, but since the CPU is definitely more powerful. It can allow you to multitask better like encoding music while watching Youtube. The biggest benefit is that in the long run buying the Asus can save you money because you may find that the Acer is good enough for a year or two, then you begin to get that feeling that you want something faster to keep up with whatever you are doing... and you begin your search for another laptop....

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.