Acer E5-521g - Probleme driver wireless - Downgrade to windows 7 64

Noche

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Hello,

I have a acer E5-521g that I downgrade to windows 7 (64 bit)

The driver from Acer (http://www.acer.ae/ac/en/AE/content/drivers) are only for windows 8.1 (64bits). Some of them work for Windows 7 but some of them not. The problem is the driver for wifi.

In the "Device Manager", I have the "Network Controller" without driver.
Identification Number :
-PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&SUBSYS_664511AD&REV_01
Compatible Id:

- PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4365&REV_01

I think it's the origin of the problem.

I don't know if it's contained in the package from Atheros (I can install it but I have an error for wireless : "the device may not be present or be ejected/unplugged") or in the package from Broadcom.(I cannot intall it : compatibility issue).

Thanks by advance if you have any idea to solve this issue

Noche

If you can use a wired connection, at least temporarily, you should be able to go into device manager, right click on the device that shows no drivers installed, select "automatically update driver software" and then "update automatically" and in most cases it will find and install the necessary drivers.

In some cases where a windows 7 downgrade has been attempted on an originally windows 8 or 8.1 machine, there are no compatible drivers for windows 7. If that's the case I would suggest buying a 20 dollar USB wireless adapter and moving on with your life as some vendors simply have no intention of releasing drivers for older operating systems when they're not required to do so and see no benefit for themselves in developing them.