acer e5 wont boot

Shimivak

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
hi,

im having a problem, my e5-571 will not boot. i turn it on, the light turns on aswell, and i can clrealy hear the fan starting to work. but all i get is a black screen. no boot screen no logo no nothing.

i tried taking out the RAM and back in, doing the whole f2, f8, f10, f12 thing, but nothing.

i read an article that say a bios recovery will solve the problem.

i tried doing it using a usb stick and bios files from the support site, but nothing happened. it seems that it havnt started a recovery.

i have no idea how to fix this problem and i would be happy to get your help!

thanks!!

Solution
if this was occurring before you took it apart it's failing and has subsequently failed. It could be the cable cracking, the GPU failing, a power rail going to hell etc...

While I'm a pretty chatty guy, I can't talk someone through a component level repair of a laptop over a forum. That requires tools and skills and time.

Shimivak

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
it is.
how can i diagnose which hardware part is bad?

there's also a funny thing. a few months ago i opened the laptop and cleaned ram and other connctors. when i turn it on it work for a few minutes and then this is what i saw
IMG_20160901_234034.jpg

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
if this was occurring before you took it apart it's failing and has subsequently failed. It could be the cable cracking, the GPU failing, a power rail going to hell etc...

While I'm a pretty chatty guy, I can't talk someone through a component level repair of a laptop over a forum. That requires tools and skills and time.

Solution