Acer ES1-511-C2GS laptop not booting

Jordyn_1

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hi there,

I have had an Acer ES1-511-C2GS for a little over a year now. It has been working perfectly until I went to turn it on today. I have seen numerous threads with people with the same problem as me, however none are resolved :(

When I press the power button, the blue power light indicator comes on, the fan spools up for about 2 seconds, and the screen flashes very faintly. This happens every 5 seconds with it returning to silence and a black screen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I just suggest to someone who had the same problem that may help.
- Start by doing a hard boot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will not work reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next to try is to remove the battery off the laptop then try booting it up with just the AC adapter connected.
- If you can hear the laptop on but there's no display on the screen, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it.
- If you'll get a display from the external monitor press the Windows key + P at the same time and select "Computer Only". If this will not work next step would be to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that could mean that the motherboard is faulty already.