Acer for programmer with i7 or i5

Avarentis

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
I'm going to buy new notebook (Acer 591g), but I can't decide between i5 or i7. Sorry if it's not correct forum, but I was told to ask here by Stackoverflow moderator. So: I'm programming in Python and Java (Android) using Eclipse

I'd prefer to buy laptop with i5-4210H and add SSD, which I assume is much more valuable than i7-4710HQ +HDD.

The question is: will I see noticeable difference, when programming using i5 or i7? I am not working on big projects, sooo if difference is really small, I will choose i5, otherwise: i7.

Solution
I would definitely go with the ssd option. That will make everything much faster. HDD's are also so much more likely to fail in a laptop. It is not worth the risk to use one.
In programming, the only difference you would see would be in compile times. For the light weight work you are doing the performance delta would probably be negligible.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I would definitely go with the ssd option. That will make everything much faster. HDD's are also so much more likely to fail in a laptop. It is not worth the risk to use one.
In programming, the only difference you would see would be in compile times. For the light weight work you are doing the performance delta would probably be negligible.

Solution