Question Acer BIOS Second advanced tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2021
I was in the past able to boot into the advanced mode on my bios. The extended "Second" Advanced tab that is.
I later rebooted into bios and it no longer has the option for the second advanced tab.
Here's my problem. I have VT-x and VT-d enabled in the first "Basic" advanced tab, but windows Intel Processor Identification Utility claims that virtualization is disabled. I have turned off Hyper-V, even disabled hypervisor, and I still cannot install HAXM. I see it claims that VMX is not supported or enabled. It also claims that Hyper-V is not disabled and I have stopped all of the services (All Hyper-v plus the HV Host) and I executed Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All on a admin powershell.

My system has an i7-8750 running at 3.86ghz 64gb ram. Acer Helios Predator 300 (P315-51) I have a sysinfo.txt dump, and a screen cap of the Intel CPU id screen showing that Virtualization tech is not available, and that VT-x is disabled (Even though its enabled in bios) I don;t know how to embed the files but can put them on my wordpress site if thats the only way to share them.

I can only think that there is some advanced setting in the second advanced tab that I need to set.

I have Insyde H20 1.26 3/27/2019 for the UEFI/Bios

I can enter a "Manufacturer" Mode by holding <Shift> -F2 at post, but it doesn't expose the second advanced tab, and it locks up when I try to save any changes.

I know this seems like two issues in one, and perhaps it is, but I am at a loss for what I need to do.

I have really poor performance while trying to debug code using the google Android emulator. Visual studio locks up for over a minute, and my app runs horribly slow until VS resumes.

Any ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Jan 10, 2021
Okay, I think I found the first part of my problem. I still cant get into the second advanced page, but I found how to get the hypervisor disabled so I could instal HAXM
I had to run the following command from an administrator cmd
bcdedit /set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype off

If anyone can get me into the second advanced tab that would be great! it was the only place I could find to overclock the CPU.

Cheers!

Sashi Shekhar

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
I was in the past able to boot into the advanced mode on my bios. The extended "Second" Advanced tab that is.
I later rebooted into bios and it no longer has the option for the second advanced tab.
Here's my problem. I have VT-x and VT-d enabled in the first "Basic" advanced tab, but windows Intel Processor Identification Utility claims that virtualization is disabled. I have turned off Hyper-V, even disabled hypervisor, and I still cannot install HAXM. I see it claims that VMX is not supported or enabled. It also claims that Hyper-V is not disabled and I have stopped all of the services (All Hyper-v plus the HV Host) and I executed Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All on a admin powershell.

My system has an i7-8750 running at 3.86ghz 64gb ram. Acer Helios Predator 300 (P315-51) I have a sysinfo.txt dump, and a screen cap of the Intel CPU id screen showing that Virtualization tech is not available, and that VT-x is disabled (Even though its enabled in bios) I don;t know how to embed the files but can put them on my wordpress site if thats the only way to share them.

I can only think that there is some advanced setting in the second advanced tab that I need to set.

I have Insyde H20 1.26 3/27/2019 for the UEFI/Bios

I can enter a "Manufacturer" Mode by holding <Shift> -F2 at post, but it doesn't expose the second advanced tab, and it locks up when I try to save any changes.

I know this seems like two issues in one, and perhaps it is, but I am at a loss for what I need to do.

I have really poor performance while trying to debug code using the google Android emulator. Visual studio locks up for over a minute, and my app runs horribly slow until VS resumes.

Any ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Well I happened to came across same problem,i somehow entered advanced bios once and after that it disappeared into thin air,after all of the digging,I found a thread on reddit how to enable that secondary advanced option,not only that but power,debug options as well,it <<edited>> works lol

• launch regular BIOS by tapping F2 a few times right after boot.
  • hold Power button on BIOS screen to force a shutdown.
  • now while the laptop is off, press (in order) F4, 4, R, F, V, F5, 5, T, G, B, F6, 6, Y, H, N.
  • now press Power and tap F2 a few times to boot into the BIOS again.
  • you should now see all the tabs that were hidden before.
  • Ik am a bit late tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chan1026
Status
Not open for further replies.