I have now factory reset this tablet twice after having issues signing in to any google account (Play Store, Gmail etc). Every time I try to sign in, I receive a blue screen titled "Couldn't sign in" and an error message "There was a problem connecting to play.google.com" How do I fix this? I am currently connected to the internet and all other aspects of the tablet work, just not any of the google apps. Since I'm unable to connect to the play store, I'm unable to download new apps. Please help!
If you did the type of reset that keeps any of your data, that would not remove any problems on the device. You may wish to try a "Hard Reset" instead. Should that not resolve it, then I would have to ask if you are signed in to a google account on the device at all? If not, then you can't use that. You have to be signed into your own google account first.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.
6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.