Acer Keyboard Shutting Down Randomly

Jun 5, 2018
My wife has an Acer Aspire v5 that she plays games on. Typically the keyboard acts fine but at least once or twice a night the keyboard and her Razer Naga Trinity side buttons will stop working. This stops working until we put the computer to sleep and bring it back out, or restart it all together. The only thing that does work on the computer is the fn keys because that is how we put it to sleep. Additionally the most recent time its done this when I've clicked on a program with the mouse it opened up properties instead of opening it. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and I recently did a refresh of the windows 10 that is installed on the laptop. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Solution
If uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling the drivers didn't help (if you didn't reboot in between then I would redo it) then I would say there is something going on with the keyboard itself. You could try attaching an external keyboard and see if you get the same issues. If you don't, then I would check the connections for the attached keyboard and make sure that nothing is loose. Should that prove not to resolve it either, then you may well need to replace the attached keyboard.
If uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling the drivers didn't help (if you didn't reboot in between then I would redo it) then I would say there is something going on with the keyboard itself. You could try attaching an external keyboard and see if you get the same issues. If you don't, then I would check the connections for the attached keyboard and make sure that nothing is loose. Should that prove not to resolve it either, then you may well need to replace the attached keyboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS