Acer laptop charging and sudenly when woke up rain water in room. Laptop was on bed hense no water but the charger was in the

Nerissa_1

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
Acer laptop charging and sudenly when woke up rain water in room. Laptop was on bed hense no water but the charger was in the water. Now laptop its not turning on neither can i see the batery light on laptop. What to do.

Solution
Well, it may not have charged the laptop at all, due to the cord being in water. I would try another cord and see if it charges.

If it doesn't, then the laptops charging circuit, the motherboard and/or the battery could have been fried when the charger cord got in the water. For those you would have to open up the laptop to check.

Now if the laptop is under warranty, you may want to call the manufacturer about the issue and see if it would be covered. If it isn't under warranty, then you can do the testing and work yourself, or get a tech to do it.
Well, it may not have charged the laptop at all, due to the cord being in water. I would try another cord and see if it charges.

If it doesn't, then the laptops charging circuit, the motherboard and/or the battery could have been fried when the charger cord got in the water. For those you would have to open up the laptop to check.

Now if the laptop is under warranty, you may want to call the manufacturer about the issue and see if it would be covered. If it isn't under warranty, then you can do the testing and work yourself, or get a tech to do it.

Solution