Acer laptop comparison

Malibuuu

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Which one is better? I want to be able to watch Netflix and maybe play the Sims 4 sometimes. http://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/barbar-dator/ACNXGKYED020/acer-aspire-es1-523-15-6-barbar-dator-svart or this one http://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/barbar-dator/ACNXGE6ED050/acer-aspire-e5-575-15-6-barbar-dator-svart (sorry they are not in english.) the guy in the store said that the acer aspkre e5-575 (second link) had a processor that wouldn't allow to play the Sims since it would get overheatened easy.

Solution
The second laptop with the Core i3-6137u and the Intel Iris Graphics 550 is much better than the other laptop with the A8-7410 APU.

The dual core i3 CPU is more powerful than the weak quad core A8 APU.

The Intel Iris Graphics 550 is about equal to a nVidia 830m and a little less powerful than the nVidia 930m. The Radeon R5 (Beema / Carrizo-L) is a lot less powerful than the nVidia 910m.
The second laptop with the Core i3-6137u and the Intel Iris Graphics 550 is much better than the other laptop with the A8-7410 APU.

The dual core i3 CPU is more powerful than the weak quad core A8 APU.

The Intel Iris Graphics 550 is about equal to a nVidia 830m and a little less powerful than the nVidia 930m. The Radeon R5 (Beema / Carrizo-L) is a lot less powerful than the nVidia 910m.

Solution

Malibuuu

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Thank you for your answer!

The guy from the shop probably just tried to make me paid a little more then?:wahoo:

But is it true that the i3 gets overheatened while playing Sims 4 or else? And the one with i3 had less RAM, 6 GB. While the R8 had 8 gb. What does this say?

The Sims 4 should not cause the Core i3 or any APU / CPU to overheat unless the laptop has poor cooling or the thermal paste is drying up and turning into powder.

Difference between 6GB of RAM and 8GB of RAM is not really an issue. You can always replace the 2GB stick of RAM with a 4GB stick of RAM if you feel the need for it. It is a really inexpensive upgrade.

Malibuuu

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

OK thank you very much, again! What about the fact that the i3 has 2 cores and the AMD processor has 4?

What reason could there be the other one is more expensive eventhough both are ACER computers from the Aspire series?

AMD CPUs and APUs (CPUs with integrated graphics) are not as capable as Intel's Core series CPUs. They do not perform very well even if a program can take advantage of all 4 course in the A8 APU, at best it will perform almost as well a well as a 6th generation Core i3 CPU.

The Sims 4 will definitely not be using 4 cores.