Question Acer laptop, Flickering black screen takes too long to load BEFORE Acer logo

Apr 7, 2019
When I pressed the power button of the Acer laptop, it takes to a long time to load black flickering screen. The blue light below is on but not blinking. After that sequence, the Acer logo appearance time loads normally, alongside with the Windows 8 OS, they both load normally. After that, everything works fine, its just that long time to boot black screen is the problem. Any possible problems and fixes for this issue? Software or hardware issue and what can I do to fix those?

Apr 7, 2019
I'm bumping just to make sure. Also I know you guys aren't paid to help us in need in the forums so I apologize if this seemed to demanding but, just a question. What is the average time I could wait before I decide to bump my future posts?

rgd1101

Don't
I'm bumping just to make sure. Also I know you guys aren't paid to help us in need in the forums so I apologize if this seemed to demanding but, just a question. What is the average time I could wait before I decide to bump my future posts?
average time is forever, don't bump your thread.
exact model of the laptop? could be hardware failing.

We are real people and it can take a while to get the right answer from the right person (or people). So patience is important.

Plus, why would it matter even if the people on the site were paid people or not paid? No matter what form. As long as they know what they are doing and are helping I would think that would be more important. To say they shouldn't be compensated, well that seems a bit inconsiderate. Granted most people help because, like me, they like to help. However, that shouldn't negate their ability to be compensated in some way (or make that a negative). Just saying.

Additionally, bumping a post is not allowed on this site. And to be honest, usually unnecessary. Most things are answered within a day or two, if that long.

Reactions: Julienne829
Apr 7, 2019
The fan of my laptop is visible under it. So after my observation, the fan is perfectly working. It starts running on the black screen part, then no faulty stops afterwards.

Apr 7, 2019
Nope, I think it's been about 4-5 months ago the laptop has been in this state. I thought it wasn't a big deal til recently it took longer to load than usual. Usually it takes about 1-2 mins for the black screen to load but now it got worse that it now loads 10-15 mins long. Maybe it's the heat of summer or something ? Or I guess it's the new game that my brother recently installed which is the 32bit version of Spore. Well I don't think that game is resource heavy, am I wrong?