Acer laptop New replacement Battery

kanojicb

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
I have bought a new replacement battery for my acer ASPIRE 5738G laptop. After full charge (100%), the battery was removed from the laptop and shutdown the system for about 10 hours. I tried to restart the laptop by inserting the battery in and without connecting the charger cable. The laptop is not starting, then I connected the charger cable for few seconds and now it has started. After booting, system continues to work until battery is fully discharged even after disconnecting the charger cable after restarted. My question is why the system does not start on battery even the battery has fully charged to 100% and lasts after 1 hr & 35 min after booting. And I want to know whether a new battery's capacity is only One hour and thirty five minutes while simply Windows 7 Ultimate only was running.

Gyustarr

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Since you are on windows 7, try this: Go to device manager find something called " Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery ", reinstall it, restart and give it another shot.

Gyustarr

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Are you certain your replacement battery is compatible with your laptop?
As for capacity, it really depends on the tasks you're running on your device. It's fairly old and I'm guessing even modern day browsing may be straining it.

kanojicb

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Thank you Gyustarr for your response to my request.
I believe that it is compatible, It bears No. AS07A31; Rating 10.8v and 4400mah, 48Wh and physically fits smoothly on its place in laptop. The capacity in terms of duration, it was kept under test without browsing or opening any files except running Windows7 Ultimate and it was running for one hour thirty five minutes only.

Gyustarr

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Since you are on windows 7, try this: Go to device manager find something called " Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery ", reinstall it, restart and give it another shot.

kanojicb

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Thank you Gyustarr for the best solution, for my problem, provided by you. Your answer is very much clear and to the point which solved the problem perfectly. Thank you once again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 2
Crazy_Grimold Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1