Acer Laptop Power Light Flashing

DoomProGamer

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
So I need my computer to conserve battery until the next day. But somehow when I leave it over night it just turns on itself. Then the power light goes flashing blue and orange. I put my computer on sleep, but it just turns on somehow in the night. Help anyone???

Update:
When I leave my computer on sleep for a time like maybe 20 minutes or more. (I'm not sure.) I take out my computer from my laptop bag and I see the power light flashing the colors of blue and yellow then when I open it. It's like it wasn't even on sleep. And my battery gets used up like it was on the whole time.

My computer is a Acer Aspire E15.

Solution
What I mean is that Windows generally likes to update itself around 3 AM if you haven't changed it, so a computer without the proper BIOS or drivers may actually turn on during this event. Same with anti-virus programs. I recommend getting your drivers from Acer's website: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers as well as your BIOS. Make sure that the drivers you get match both your O.S. and your hardware. The drivers/bios will be different depending on if you have Windows 7/8/10. You may find more than one option for specific drivers like the touchpad or network devices. I recommend cross referencing your hardware and driver versions in device manager with the ones on Acer's website. For optimal performance, I recommend updating...

DoomProGamer

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

My system is up to date. My anti-virus is left on, but not scanning or anything like that.

If you could help, how do I update my BIOS/drivers and will it harm my laptop?

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
What I mean is that Windows generally likes to update itself around 3 AM if you haven't changed it, so a computer without the proper BIOS or drivers may actually turn on during this event. Same with anti-virus programs. I recommend getting your drivers from Acer's website: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers as well as your BIOS. Make sure that the drivers you get match both your O.S. and your hardware. The drivers/bios will be different depending on if you have Windows 7/8/10. You may find more than one option for specific drivers like the touchpad or network devices. I recommend cross referencing your hardware and driver versions in device manager with the ones on Acer's website. For optimal performance, I recommend updating any available chipset drivers first, then other hardware drivers like touchpad, wifi, lan, etc... and then finally your BIOS. I suggest rebooting your computer between each update, although a few will force it like a BIOS update. You should have no worries doing this (you may see scary warnings about BIOS updates on the website), and I recommend that you do these updates with a fully charged battery, and have the laptop plugged into a power source as well.

Now I know I already said it, but it's important: Make sure the drivers and BIOS you get are the correct ones for both your exact model (not just E15, but full model number) and your operating system. Good luck, and let us know if you have anymore issues!

Solution

Kasif_

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015