Acer Laptop Problem

jj24716

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I am having a problem with my Acer Computer.

The other day I got a blue screen error 000000225.

So I put in Acer recovery flash drive and I get an error message M:\Napp.dat is missing

Around October I made an image of my hard drive. So when I try to restore the image it wants to do it on the e drive (which is my external hard drive)).

But I can download windows consumer preview on my c drive.

But other than that I don't know what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

All you have to do is when running the imaging software is select your C: drive when you pick the destination of the image and it will put the image on that drive.

If that is the only time you had the crash, you don't need to re-image the system yet, see if it happens again. Remember that imaging will wipe the drive and set it to what it was when you took the image.

jj24716

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I know. I've been having a lot of problems with my computer. That's why I bought the Acer recovery drive and then I found an imaging program and decided to use that. It will not allow me to choose c drive. There's a text box and when I click the arrow the only option is e

What do you mean you bought an Acer recovery drive, from where? I don't think Acer provides flash drives, it should have been a disk or a partition on the existing drive. Did you try seeing if you have a recovery partition you can use to restore the system to factory new?

Is your hard drive in the system properly? What imaging software are you using? It should see your local drive as a restore location.

jj24716

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
its actually an ultra book. Acer only has flash drives as recovery since the ultra book doesn't have a DVD drive. So I bought the flash drive from Acer about a year ago when I started to have computer problems.

I use AOMEI Backupper Professional version.

I called tech support about why I'm getting the m error, they told me my c drive is probably no good anymore, but if that was the case I don't understand why I can put windows 8 consumer preview. But they couldn't help me further unless I paid.

Thanks

If the Windows setup can run then the imaging software should find the drive, unless the boot media it uses can't load the drivers it needs to see the SATA ports which can happen with new systems. Maybe check for a newer version of the imaging software to make a new boot disk, or contact them instead of Acer to find out. If you have a full copy of the software you should not have to pay for support. If your laptop is out of warranty then I can see Acer charging you, but the software support should be free.