I have an acer aspire v3-572pg-56cy that I got just over a year ago, and lately it's been taking a very long time to wake up from sleep or turn on. It started by only taking 20 minutes or so and now takes hours. The screen is black and flickers (like it's lit but there is nothing at all on the screen, even a cursor) on and off until it starts. Last night my itunes and google chrome froze and my computer turned itself off, and hasn't turned on since. I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, should I just take it to be professionally diagnosed, or is there anything I can do?
Here are some troubleshooting guides that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Another step you may want to try to check if the LCD is okay or not is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- Do also try booting up the laptop without its HDD and see if it will boot up normally.
- And if all these will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.