Acer Nitro 5 bloatware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2018
Hi guys

I have a new Acer Nitro 5 laptop coming soon and was wondering which Acer software delete. Basically I want to keep any of the Cooler Boost technology to control fans and get rid of the rest of it.

Solution
you've already answered your own question. delete anything that is not the cooler boost you want to use. will take a while to go program by program but will do the trick.

personally i'd put a new win 10 flash drive into the pc first thing and install a fresh win 10 copy. since it is new and you have nothing on it, do not chose to save personal files and settings. this will remove all the bloat and start with a fresh win 10. then download the cooler boost software from acer and you're good to go.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you've already answered your own question. delete anything that is not the cooler boost you want to use. will take a while to go program by program but will do the trick.

personally i'd put a new win 10 flash drive into the pc first thing and install a fresh win 10 copy. since it is new and you have nothing on it, do not chose to save personal files and settings. this will remove all the bloat and start with a fresh win 10. then download the cooler boost software from acer and you're good to go.

Solution
Oct 7, 2018

So what bloatware do i need to uninstall from the acer nitro 5 specifically so that i don't accidentally uninstall the cooler boost tech.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i don't know what bloat comes with the laptop. pretty much anything that is not windows should go except for the cooler boost you want to use. no need to have multiple programs that do the same thing as is built into windows. only thing to look out for is some special keyboard/touchpad type program that may control unique features for the laptop. again no clue if it is there but it's the only thing to worry about.

go to add/remove programs and just go nuts :)

nothing in there should be mandatory for the pc to run so any of it is fair game to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.