Acer Now Shipping Iconia Tab W500 In NA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
good to see Fusion is put to work :p

I hope they could throw in a wacom pen system in addition, then it would be ideal for school.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
wow, those are really impressive specs. But being broke sucks, so Im not getting it, but its nice to see a tab running that power at that price.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
This seems like a better value than the Asus Transformer, I think the docking station is even included in the price. The Transformer has triple the battery life though. Still, previous experience with Acer netbooks would make me wonder how sturdy the dock is, it really doesn't look like a very strong cradle. Win7 is also sort of bothersome to use with a touchscreen. I think I'll stick with a netbook until I see a tablet design that still allows me to upgrade memory and storage.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Looks great but I must say: not for begineers.

I can almost see reviewers claiming its battery life is junk without getting rid of all the bloatware and disabling idiotic Windows features such as prefetching and virtual RAM. Others will complain about the performance of the Fusion after installng antivirus, claiming it's just the same as the anemic ARM devices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.