Acer screwed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
So I bought a new computer from Acer that supports a dual hard drive setup. I installed my brand spanking new M4 SSD got it configured all set and ready to go then I went to install the second hard and IT WONT FIT!

Th cover on the bottom that you have to remove to gain access to the Hard drive bays Ram, CMOS, all that stuff has plastic supports that extend into the second hard drive bays making it impossible to insert the second hard drive and securely fasten the bay door.

Ive contacted Acer 3 times (Call, Chat, email) and they keep telling me to go to my local computer store and order the part......This is what they told me

Also we no longer able to provide a replacement cover for the second hard drive bay. In order to get further assistance regarding this issue you can contact any nearest local store.

Im kinda pissed about this. I have no problem purchasing the part I just cant find it! Anyone have any experience with this issue or could point me to a site that sells odds and ends components?

Please Toms you're my only hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.