acer t232hl touch screen monitor

aceonehunid

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
i was wondering if the acer t232hl touch screen monitor is compatible with the android tv boxes? if i were to connect my android box through hdmi would i be able to use the touchscreen or does it just become a monitor.

tbishop1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010

The touch screen capabilities of this monitor, as with most, is supported via the USB cable, which is compatible with USB 2 and 3. This monitor has a 3 port USB 3.0 HUB built in, as well. So if your Android TV box has a USB port, the Android Linux OS is designed primarily for touch screen devices and will likely support this monitor functionality, unless it has specifically been removed from this devices OS Kernel.. . somewhat unlikely. Contact the manufacturer of your Android TV device for the definitive answer.

tbishop1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
The touch screen capabilities of this monitor, as with most, is supported via the USB cable, which is compatible with USB 2 and 3. This monitor has a 3 port USB 3.0 HUB built in, as well. So if your Android TV box has a USB port, the Android Linux OS is designed primarily for touch screen devices and will likely support this monitor functionality, unless it has specifically been removed from this devices OS Kernel.. . somewhat unlikely. Contact the manufacturer of your Android TV device for the definitive answer.

jj1

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014

I bought Acer T232hl today and plugged in Tronsmart s89 vega android mini pc running Android kitkat v4.4.2
and the touch functionality worked right out of the box.