Acer Tops the Netbook Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Did their research? If they did their research they wouldn't have gotten an acer... they have shorter battery life and have an odd ram upgrade limitation of 1.5 GBs, they don't even overclock as easily. They're just buying it because it's at walmart and the Eee isn't.

G

acer actually has a better keyboard layout than eee pc (especially the shift key on the right). really important if you're planning on taking it to classes.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
Did their research? If they did their research they wouldn't have gotten an acer... they have shorter battery life and have an odd ram upgrade limitation of 1.5 GBs, they don't even overclock as easily. They're just buying it because it's at walmart and the Eee isn't.

seriously dude netbooks are for the average consumer. why the hell would anyone try to overclock a weak CPU like this especially sense all laptops give off too much heat at stock already. and as for the battery power comment does this mean you actually have one or are you basing this on an acer laptop you got 10 or so years ago :)

G

The battery life of the 3 and 6 cell acer aspire one is just as good as the 3 cell and 6 cell EEE battery.

The RAM limit of 1.5 gb sucks and it can not OC like the MSI wind, but for majority of users I do not think it is much of a problem.

For me the biggest drawback of the acer aspire one is that the mouse buttons are on the side. Aside from that the Acer Aspire one is very competitive with the 9" EEE in almost all aspects but sells for $50=$75 less.

McLunch

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Got one a few weeks ago and it does what it's meant to prefectly, provide internet access and e-mail on the go with a screen and keyboard size you can actually use comfortably. The battery lasts over 5 hours which is more than enough for the casual browsing and e-mail I do when travelling and the 1GB RAM in it is more than adequate.

If you're wanting something with some grunt under the hood then this is not the product you should be looking at, if like me you were looking for something cheap and light weight to tote around and run some simple app's on then it fits the bill, no need to mess with it.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I purchased my acer aspire one about a month or so ago. I absolutely love it. Netbooks aren't incredibly powerful things, but they are made for things like music, internet, and instant messaging, which is all I wanted out of a laptop. Everyone told me I could get a normal sized one for the same price, but I wanted a small one for the portability and the amazing battery life.

Christos

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
What makes the Acer special is its quality, for the cost. When i examined both Eee and Aspire one before making my decision, i found out that Acer had a much clearer screen and better keyboard. And its design is superior also, i got the blue one and it looks much better than an Eee. And before criticising me for choosing based on looks, i have to tell you that if i am going to carry a machine with me, i want it to look good too.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
The only thing I could give you is the keyboard thing, and that's really not as huge a dif. as people claim, never had an issue with it on my eee. As for the battery, I get 7 hours with my 20G... 7. Acer doesn't come close. On overclocking... it makes a very large performance difference at these lower speeds as the cpu is bottlenecking everything, especially for old games. The main thing the acer has in it's favor is that shiny blue color, and if that's your "back of the mind" or upfront reason for getting it then wtf are you doing on an enthusiast site? Go buy a mac or something.

G

Well I bought the Eee PC 900HA and prefered it over the Acer Aspire One, the stupid side mouse buttons are not user friendly on Acer and just being able to pop off the panel of 900HA and slap in 2GB RAM and a new 320GB hard drive made the purchase a no brainer....plus it was $329 and the One is still $379. Sure the One looks slightly better, maybe the screen is microscopicaly better but I couldn't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.