Acer V5 591G "no bootable device"

Edward_31

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Bought a new laptop and was working fine, took the SSD of my 'old' laptop and installed in into my new laptop. Now whenever I boot my Acer V5-591G (new) laptop. It prompts me a screen saying "No Bootable Device".

When I enter the BIOS it shows my Samsung 850 EVO in the bootlist, so maybe the bootloader or whatever is corrupt but that can't be the issue because when i use it on a different laptop it boots normally :s

So fase 2 I inserted a bootable usb stick with windows 10, and nowhere in the bios it recognizes it as a device, I tried all the USB ports on the laptop. I got my back against a wall now :(

Hi,

One suggestion is to remove the SSD off the laptop first and install it onto a different PC or laptop then install Windows 10 from there. Once you've installed Windows 10 in the SSD using a different PC, put it back into the laptop that you want it installed originally. Make sure that the SSD is set as the first boot device then once loaded into Windows 10 it may prompt you to install more drivers for your laptop.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Edward_31

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016

I fixed it by turning on legacy boot, this was the only option that let me run through a different device