Acer Warranty Extension

Smash91

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
I want to buy a laptop from somebody who already buyed it from Italy(with warranty), and I want to apply the Acer Warranty Extension here in Romania.
Question:
Can I activate the Acer Warranty Extension here in Romania and in a eventuality of a problem can I solve it at the Romanian Acer Service? Or, the Acer Warranty Extension can be activated only in Italy(origin of the laptop country)?

This question applies for any countries as well. Can I activate & benefit the Acer Warranty Extension in another country than the one from where is bought?

Sorry for my English (it sucks), but I`m sure you understand me and will help me solve the problem. I haven`t buyed the laptop yet, I`m waiting for your answere.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Laptop Warranties are only limited to the first owner of the laptop.
Incase he registered it at the site or the vendor registered the piece in the original buyers name, there is no way you'll be covered under the original warranty or even extended warranty of the equipment bought.
This is a policy for a majority of Laptop Companies, they will not cater or extend the warranty to the second owner of the equipment.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Cool, new policy, you're in luck.
Yes, the Global Warranty will cover you up at the new place of buying it.
There are 2 or three kinds of warranties and their plus packages.
If you can get the laptop's warranty extended under the Global warranty tag, you will not have any problems.