Acer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakelovr1010

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
My Acer notebook Aspire 7520-5071 won't play videos smoothly, is jerky in some sites and needs Startup Repair frequently .. sometimes takes a lot of tries for Startup Repair to work
I was told I needed a Recovery disk so I ordered that .. got a System disk and 2 Recovery disks .. put in the System disk got a Media Test Failure Check Cable PXE-E61
Went into Boot Menu IDE 0 was on #1 Line where it should be, so am told it is a Hardware issue .. any ideas? Thank you

G

Points to a hard drive failure. Relatively simple to do yourself if there's an access hatch provided.

But if the machine is fairly new you shouldn't have to do it. Laptops are consumer durables and should long outlast the warranty -- take it back to the dealer and get them to pay for the replacement drive.

cakelovr1010

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Points to a hard drive failure. Relatively simple to do yourself if there's an access hatch provided.

But if the machine is fairly new you shouldn't have to do it. Laptops are consumer durables and should long outlast the warranty -- take it back to the dealer and get them to pay for the replacement drive.

Thank you for your quick response ... I will prob try and replace the hard drive ... Thank you for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.