Acer's 'Liquid Metal' Phone Runs Android 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]the_wolf88[/nom]WTF !!800MHz only ?! C'mon !!!!![/citation]

Agreed! The phone isn't even out yet and it has a slower processor than the last generation of phones? Not encouraging.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]kencolestud69[/nom]Wouldn't the metal case cause reception issues with the antenna?[/citation]

I don't know why people are down voting you as that is a completely reasonable question and one that I asked myself as well.

Also, I don't know why so many people are put off by the slower clock speed. You won't notice, I promise. I, for one, would gladly take better battery life than a faster processor. I can crunch numbers on my desktop.

sokrman20

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

If Froyo is as fast as it is purported to be 800 MHz won't be that big of a problem.

bpislife

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Why do I get the idea that apple might sue over the name "liquid metal". After all, they did just get exclusive access to that technology. Probably going to make Steve Jobs out of it.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]I'm fine with 800MHz if the battery will last me a couple of days.[/citation]
I hope thats the case...
I really dont like any of the new Android phones.. their battery life sucks ass. Even the Droid X have to recharge it every three hours...

I hope they prioritize more the battery life than how big the screen is or how many JIZAHz is the CPU running.. after all is a frekin phone I dont want to drag a charger or a tipple pack of batteries with me everywhere I go

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
BTW Brushed Metal style is a great touch.. wont show fingerprints and any scratches. I whish Apple did a brushed metal rear plate on the iPod touch... it's a freakin scratch and fingerprint magnet.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I don't know why people are down voting you as that is a completely reasonable question and one that I asked myself as well.Also, I don't know why so many people are put off by the slower clock speed. You won't notice, I promise. I, for one, would gladly take better battery life than a faster processor. I can crunch numbers on my desktop.[/citation]
The problem is what if you need more speed in the future? esp. with Android 3.0,etc.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]The problem is what if you need more speed in the future? esp. with Android 3.0,etc.[/citation]
YOu get a new phone ina year or two...
What is the current cycle of smartphones. HTC and Samsung are coming up with at least two new phones every month... If you wait for the latest and fastest, you might as well wait forever.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
do you really need more than an 800mhz cpu to make a phone call???? It is just a PHONE, not a supercomputer.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]Why do I get the idea that apple might sue over the name "liquid metal". After all, they did just get exclusive access to that technology. Probably going to make Steve Jobs out of it.[/citation]

I was thinking the same thing. Apple will surely sue over the name.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]kencolestud69[/nom]Wouldn't the metal case cause reception issues with the antenna?[/citation]

Nahh, that means your holding it wrong.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Frankly I don't see what all the pressure it for faster processors in the phone. My phone's processor runs just under 400mhz and I'm plenty happy at the speed it runs.

iahawk

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]Nahh, that means your holding it wrong.[/citation]

even though its acer, they were probably smart enough not to place 2 different antennas, within millimeters of each other, in an area constantly in contact with with a conductive surface and call it "a work of genius".

Status
Not open for further replies.