Acronis True Image 2012 - HD corrupt after backup

mdboxberger

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I'm 0 for 3 - I upgraded my Acronis True Image Home to 2012.

I do a bare metal backup from a bootable USB thumb drive.

All 3 times I've last done it, the backup appears to have worked, but it leaves my primary drive corrupt - I have to do a system restore from an earlier period.

It seems to have maybe 'touched' a key system file and left it open or in some incorrect state.

The initial restart says there's corrupt files, tries unsuccessfully to recover.

Windows 7 on HP desktop PC with all the latest updates applied.

Anyone else using Acronis True Image Home 2012 in a similar manner, and have it working OK?

Matt

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I upgraded from TI 2009 and also got the plus pack for 2012. Mine works fine. I've only backed up from the main program and from the rescue disk. I have not tried creating rescue media on a USB, but I don't see why it would act differently.

I can create and verify backups successfully and my drive remains intact. I NEVER install the secure zone as I don't like anything messing with my partitions and boot loader.

mdboxberger

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Thanks - yep, I can do the backup from the App itself, and backups from both it and the bootable media validate fine. It seems to be something with using the bootable media. My preference has been to do it from the bootable media as it runs faster and seems 'cleaner' if I have to do a full restore after hardware failure.

Have you successfully done a full restore to a blank disk from your backups run from within the Windows app?

Matt

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
No I haven't. Usually when I restore, it's my OS disk so I just restore from the recovery disk. Have you checked the Acronis forums/knowledge base? You should be able to get much more relevent information form there. Also, acronis support isn't too bad or at least it hasn't been for me.

Also, have you checked to see if you have the most recent update? You can log into your acronis account in order to download updates.

mdboxberger

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Thanks - yep, posted on Acronis Forum as well, and awaiting replies. I like Tom's very active forums, so also checked here. I did confirm I had the latest version (build 6131) while I was on the site. Matt

Acronis_Support

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hello Matt,

Thank you bringing this up and we are sorry that you have experienced this issue.
We have reached out to you to help you resolve it.

Best regards,

Anton Deev
Acronis Customer Central