Action Script Error #2060/how to correct it

grounder

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Not sure if I'm in the right section but here goes. I'm using Windows 8.1 and IE11. Not very computer savvy. Yesterday I noticed that one of the Windows updates was for adobe Flash. Anyways, this morning I turned on PC and went to yahoo homepage and when clicking on different articles to read I would get this notification that says error # 2060 Action script error, Security sandbox Violation. Under that theres a list of technical stuff I really don't understand.
There was an option to dismiss all or continue if I'm remembering correctly.
I have never seen this before. Was wondering if there was something wrong with yesterdays security update.
I do have the latest version for Adobe and I have tried closing all tabs and rebooting to no effect.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of this popup notice short of turning off the Flash? (did that before and kept getting notice on bottom of screen that Adobe Flash was off) I had to keep clicking on it to get rid of it. Minor pain in butt.
Thanks

Update: I noticed underneath my post there were a couple of sites listed that I could click on regarding error 2060. The one I was going to try was from wiki-err How to fix error 2060.
TechUtilities.exe Download. This was for Windows7 and I have Windows 8.1.
Am I correct in assuming this will not work for me?
Also they wanted me to register with them. I'm not even sure what that means. Not sure what I would be getting myself into.
Does anyone know if TechUtilities is a reputable site?

grounder

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Sorry, I,ll try this again. What has happened is that in the August 2015 Windows updates, Microsoft has accidentally updated the embedded flash player in Internet Explorer 11 to use the debugger version instead of the “normal” version. If you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and select the check now button you see 18.0.0.232 (debug version) as the installed version of Flash Player in Internet Explorer 11. It should be 18.0.0.232 Which is the latest ” normal” secure version of Flash Player for Internet Explorer

The debugger version works in exactly the same way as the normal version, it just displays warnings or alerts when it tries to display certain wrongly/badly coded flash images or movies or it finds flash instructions that were meant for older versions of flash that no longer work in the updated flash player versions. This feature is intended for developers to help them create flash movies or images with some user interaction

grounder

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
What has happened is that in the August 2015 Windows updates, Microsoft has accidentally updated the embedded flash player in Internet Explorer 11 to use the debugger version instead of the “normal” version. If you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and select the check now button you see 18.0.0.232 (debug version) as the installed version of Flash Player in Internet Explorer 11. It should be 18.0.0.232 Which is the latest ” normal” secure version of Flash Player for Internet Explorer

The debugger version works in exactly the same way as the normal version, it just displays warnings or alerts when it tries to display certain wrongly/badly coded flash images or movies or it finds flash instructions that were meant for older versions of flash that no longer work in the updated flash player versions. This feature is intended for developers to help them create flash movies or images with some user interaction.

The alert boxes look something like these and will normally pop up in the top left hand corner of your browser. Just select the dismiss all button and continue to browse normally.

stackTraceWindowForUncaughtErrorDebugPlayer eh_error_event_dialog fig11

Microsoft appear to have been informed about it by several users and it is hoped that they will soon issue a new update for flash player for Windows 8/8.1 and windows 10 to avoid the worry and confusion.
Sorry, yesterday I thought I had copied the whole article. Seems like every month something goes wrong with Adobe Flash although this looks like Microsofts messup as well.