Solved! Active speakers on new STR-DN1080 - how to connect line level

Sep 26, 2021
I have a pair of active speakers that I would like to connect to my Sony STR-DN1080. These two components may be separated into a turntable system and a home theater system later, which is why I’d rather not replace either piece. I have a Kicker KISLOC line level converter, but don’t understand how to connect the speaker wires to my receiver. Can someone help me understand?

Solution
Shoot, I don’t think I was clear. The RCA side is obvious, but the speaker wire side isn’t clear to me - the adapter has 5 wires and the receiver has 2 posts to connect to. I guess I’m asking how do I specifically connect 5 wires to 2 posts?

You'd have to look at the manual of that device, never used one. It should say what the wires are for. You should have 4 total speaker connections, two for left and two for right.
Sep 26, 2021
Shoot, I don’t think I was clear. The RCA side is obvious, but the speaker wire side isn’t clear to me - the adapter has 5 wires and the receiver has 2 posts to connect to. I guess I’m asking how do I specifically connect 5 wires to 2 posts?

You'd have to look at the manual of that device, never used one. It should say what the wires are for. You should have 4 total speaker connections, two for left and two for right.

Reactions: TDS76
Solution