Activision Boss Talks About Infinity Ward Firings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I'm glad the staff moved on, and I look forward to there first respawn release.

however, regarding the pc version of mw2

1) I Still want my friken private servers!!!!

2) Get rid of the EXCESSIVE friken air support! Like %$^%$ Seriously!

3) don't make me buy the DLC ( which I did ) and then NOT allow me to play FFA online with it!!! Like are you frkin kidding me?!?
Activision: No were not kidding, you play what map we make you play, and what game type we make you play, when you play online!

4) further on the above, Like what the frkin hell! you make us host online matches, and still give us no frkin control of the game. arrrgh!

5) Patch your friken crap!! I'm SICK of alt tabbing and and killing the game process because your stupid crack game can't know when to disconnect and go back into the menu,

6) For the love of all that is fps, LISTEN!!! to the friken community!!! and as for you Bobby Kotick , you fat funny looking dork, take your stupid ass out of the gaming industry! and go work in a friken bank, go work in Goldman sacks, it would suit you much better.

ok, now I will take a breath.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
If you pay $15 for DLC, you are a loser. On top of already a loser of buying MW2.

Guess what, I bought Bad Company 2 for $20 (was on sale) and I'm also enjoying it. Very much actually.

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Oh give me a break, it's the same old crap game like CoD3, mindless multiplayer action, crap engine, lousy single player campaign, and now a big middle finger to all the PC gamers with no client/server. Enjoy![/citation]

Your response is a non-sequitur.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
I don't feel sorry for Infinity Ward at all... Chickens comin' home to roost... they screwed the PC community for a fat check and were utterly remorseless, despite the raging outcry from the PC community. Now suddenly they're the victims of "Big Bad Activision"--a company with a wide and blatant history of gobbling up smaller developers and grinding their IPs into oblivion--and I'm supposed to give a rats arse? Eff 'em, says I... and if they didn't learn anything from this, and continue with their anti-PC gamer trends, Eff Respawn too...

G

Respawn will be a console game developer, any PC related game will be an xbox port. MoH will be a Activision killer, and Battlefield 3 which will be PC exclusive will ensurew RE will only have the fickle console crowd to give it revenue.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Action talks more than words, you fired the top 2 execs and 1/3 of the company quits. This is a sign of bad leadership.

No one will follow a bad leader with a selfish agenda, but many will die for a great leader with a great purpose.

ovidiusx

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Oh give me a break, it's the same old crap game like CoD3, mindless multiplayer action, crap engine, lousy single player campaign, and now a big middle finger to all the PC gamers with no client/server. Enjoy![/citation]

Yes, CoD3 was horrific. Then again it as Treyarch who made CoD3. They tried to cash in on IW success of the original CoDs. Most FPS games are mindless multiplayer action with yawn inducing, linear single player campains. Even Bad Company 2 was just as bad. The single player story was way to slow. The multiplayer was reminiscent of Crysis with sprawling open areas and very little fire fights.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
To bad Bob-o is about a month and a half late on the formal response. Should of stopped hitting on his secretary and having fancy lunches.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
"We had a great team in place at Infinity Ward, which continues to work on downloadable content and the studio's next unannounced project."

'nuff said.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]reichscythe[/nom]I don't feel sorry for Infinity Ward at all... Chickens comin' home to roost... they screwed the PC community for a fat check and were utterly remorseless, despite the raging outcry from the PC community. Now suddenly they're the victims of "Big Bad Activision"--a company with a wide and blatant history of gobbling up smaller developers and grinding their IPs into oblivion--and I'm supposed to give a rats arse? Eff 'em, says I... and if they didn't learn anything from this, and continue with their anti-PC gamer trends, Eff Respawn too...[/citation]

It was most likely that activision did all the decision making as far as that goes...i mean IW fucking over the PC gamer? the whole franchise was based around the PC to begin with... they would never turn on their roots if they had a choice. IW was obviously made to be the scape goat in MW2's failing.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Hmm.. not sure why I don't care about any of this. This company is profiteering off of war and death in the real world.[/citation]

The fact that they have been profiteering off of those things means your society should be looked at a little closer, not the company.

G

I bought MW2 for the PC and I don't regret it, and no I'm not a loser. I also bought BC2 and although I believe it's the superior game by far I got plenty of hours of entertainment out of MW2 so I'm satisfied I got my money's worth (but I will never pay $15 for the dlc). All things considered any decent video game is pretty cheap entertaiment in terms of $ per hour compared to other forms of media (ie going to see movies).

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Tough to know who to believe. I read when they were making MW2 that Activision was ready to give a huge amount of financial freedom to IW for development, but they said no thanks and chose to do the same old thing. They did kinda seem like a holier than though bunch after watching some interviews. Almost like Rockstar seems to be now with RD: R.

Status
Not open for further replies.