Activision Boss Talks About Infinity Ward Firings

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroghozt

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Hmm.. not sure why I don't care about any of this. This company is profiteering off of war and death in the real world.[/citation]

No, not really, in fact despite what media has been saying about gaming with its terribad selective articles on gamer violence. Making games about real war situations very often keeps a lot of young people from taking up arms and going to war. In warring 3rd world countries in particular, violent games provide a good outlet for young men to blow steam and deal with anger. Game Development is Art and its common for art to imitate life. But I guess to an extent some games glorify war a bit too much.

[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]It's to bad they own Blizzard. Bioware being gobbled up by EA sucks too.[/citation]

Vivendi owns both Activison and Blizzard, Activision does not own Blizzard. That being said I don't want to see an Activision logo on any future Blizzard titles nor do I want to see an Activision-Blizzard Logo.

More on point both parties in this case handled things badly, I also think that some people are not looking at this in the positive light it should be, Some of the best game devs studios have been formed by break ups such as this. When members from ID left they made Valve. Former members of Westwood left EA and formed Petroglyph. Ex-blizzard north members who worked on Diablo left and made Mythos, Hellgate London and Torchlight.

Ok so Hellgate London was horrible but they havent given up.

Respawn has more independence now, hopefully they will make an awesome new IP without the previous limits and fracking dedicated servers for PC pls.

on a side note Bungie left Microsofts grasp and are free to make cross platform games. But that matter was dealt with more maturely from both parties.

I'd like to add that Activision is taking a lot of heat but really its EA that should be taking heat for what they have done to the Command and Conquer Series. FPS games and MW2 in particular are a lot more mainstream and popular than RTS games so they have been getting all the press.

But what EA has done to the latest C+C title is much worse than what has happened to the Call of Duty franchise.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]The franchise is DEAD for the PC. There is nothing to milk anymore.[/citation]

Agreed, Isn't this something that Activision has wanted to do for awhile anyways? (abandon PC platform)

Status
Not open for further replies.