Activision, Halo-maker Bungie Sign Decade Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
1 year from now: bungie makes COD:MW3 then slowly falls apart. most people think its good to learn form past mistakes, but activision is not most people.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
activision said that bungie wasnt for cod but for another type of action game or something like that, i was watching g4 this morning and saw it, who knows whats going on. I bet activison is gonna hold on to their royalties just for hahas

pyroghozt

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Bungie are definitely working on a completely new IP, they aren't picking up any of the Call of Duty Spin offs. The real question is how will it compare to Halo? Will the Halo Fanboi community be split? Will they stick with New Halo devs who will be developing future Halo games exclusively for Microsoft on the xbox consoles. Or will they follow Bungie as they start their New IP on multiplatforms with activisions marketing?

Bungie is working on something completely new, but all they have developed for the last few years have been Halo games. Will the new Bungie title be in the spirit of Halo or something completely different.

Hopefully the competition between the Bungie Fanbois and the New Halo fanbois causes a lot of drama so we can all sit back and enjoy the show!

G

Next bungie ip will be call of halo 2.3: reach for evolved combat.

bucherm

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
So, Activision is hiring on a company that got away with making the same game for 10 years? Kinda flailing about in an attempt to make tech-ignorant investors happy, aren't they?

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Great.. Halo will no longer be exclusive.Oh well, at least we might have some good games like.. Halo: Modern War? Wait..[/citation]

Did you actually read the article?

Also, I look at this similar to the EA acquisition of Bioware. Bungie has enough fame and weight to push if Activision does something it doesn't like. Bioware is doing fine under EA, I'm sure Bungie will do fine under Activision. The difference with Infinity Ward was that they were built up by Activision (and indeed owned by them, correct? Not sure on that point).

Lan

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
No wonder Activision doesn't care about I.W. very much. If this deal is in the works anyway, the I.W. issue would only be an annoyance. Damn corporate people that do anything for more money. Here's hoping they lose every cent they can from the I.W. issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.