Activision: Other Publishers Playing Catch-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
If they think that Bungie is the only AAA title gaming company worth buying then they are dead wrong. Last time I checked, VALVe made some of the best PC FPS games out there.

Then again VALVe would never sell out.

But if Blizzard does try to and succeds in becoming the largest entertainment company ever, I can see the quality of their games falling very fast. I am also sure they will try to pull a EA and make a crappy version of Steam.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
is this guy for real ? sure Activision are a big company and have a huge list of titles for most formats. BUT this is where it p****s me off... the same old products year after year with ever increasing costs for DLC (COD).. so no wonder he sees his company as the biggest.... greedy... Grrrr

G

Isn't world domination a monopoly? Should we call the FTC? ;)

Or is he the third antichrist Nostradamus warned us about?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
tony hawk and guitar hero are garbage and are stepped all over by the competitors

all activision has is call of duty, and soon enough, people will get tired of the yearly releases. nothing lasts forever kotick, not even ur arrogant attitude... ull be humbled in no time at all

blizzard is another story altogehter

sicpric

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]MartinusV2[/nom]Isn't world domination a monopoly? Should we call the FTC? Or is he the third antichrist Nostradamus warned us about?[/citation]

He isn't wearing a turban(yet).

Xaios

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Remember the good old days when EA was the evil bogeyman of the gaming industry and Activision was the knight in shining armor? Boy, how much things have changed. And yet, they really haven't changed at all.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I predict some well-liked dev-companies getting the "IW" treatment in the future.

Remember when Microsoft bought out Rare Limited(developers of goldeneye on the N64). What happened to Rare now? They are now a shadow of their former selves. The main brain guys from Rare got up and left as soon as MS flashed them a ton of money pretty much.

I see bungie doing the same to activision; you know make a crap half-ass game then take off with the money LOL. Which they should because they'll probably be getting the "IW" treatment that befell the former Infinity Ward team.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
It hurts my heart to know that my beloved childhood friend Blizzard has merged with the evil of the gaming industry Activision. I hope Call of Duty dies when Respawn Entertainment kicks up because Infinity Ward is dead.

G

Activision is racing to the bottom of the gaming community. Of course other publishers are catching up.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]This guy even LOOKS like an arrogant asshole in that photo.[/citation]

Yes, yes he does. The business suit and fake business grin cannot hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.