Activision Says Things are Still Good at Infinity Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Of course everything is "good". People will always buy these mass produced garbage games. If you're a PC gamer, MW2 was a big disappointment.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]I am sure things are GREAT. No one ever admits when things are going bad.[/citation]
+1.

I'd like to see how IWs next games going to look like....

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Smoke and mirrors. You dont lose key people in a company and recover back to full form. Anybody is replaceable but what capacity will they return to. Just like a sports team key injuries lead to a dysmal year. It takes years to rebuild a team.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I hate to admit this but things might be OK at infinity ward =( with today's economy I am sure there is a surplus of replacements for the key people they lost. I think the real question is will these replacements be of quality and perhaps things will get better (i heard a lot of negative about the latest call of duty game never played it so I am only going on what I read online). So only time will tell how this really affects the gaming landscape but I think over all it will have little impact on how companies treat there employees a special right now when employees are a dime a dozen with unemployment so high and people willing to work for dirt to feed there families

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
They are still making loads of money on a sub par short way over hyped game....hell ya all is good now we dont have to pay those ppl who left ++++ to profit!!!

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Not sure I get this... I have MW2 for 360 and its a pretty plain game. Seems to me like the "new leadership" they'll put in place will be just as capable as making yet another cod games...

Konman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I bet this is just about $$$

The guys who are leaving developed successful games - so the Infinity Ward CEOs raked in the money and did not feel like sharing it. This of course is in conderation that keeping the talent would require them to share the fruits of success which they do not feel like doing. In some cases it would make sense to keep such people in hope of making more money in the future but I guess they made soooooo much money off the recent games that they decided it would be better to let them go and have more of it for themselves. There is plenty of talent out there hungry for such a nice job. Good 3D artists are like rock band drummers - a dime a dozen - especially in South Korea and Russia.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
This is like Hitler saying that Germany would still win the war after the Battle of the Bulge (this is the only relevant comment I could come up with).

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
The real question is: does any of this matter to activision? And the answer is no.

As long as the game is C- material and named Call of Duty, they will continue to rake in millions of dollars. You think all the fanboys out there will care they treat their employees like crap? You think they'll even notice the quality's dropped? Activision has already created the fanboys, quality doesn't matter anymore.

Sad, but true.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Honestly, they treat their employees well yeah, it sounds like they do.

Quote from: Robert Kotick

"We have a real culture of thrift," The CEO went on about his no-nonsense approach, claiming that focusing on a game's prospective profit margin and establishing a corporate culture of "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" regarding the recession of the economy has been a successful business strategy.

"You have studio heads who five years ago didn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a bed sheet who are now arguing allocations in our CFO's office pretty regularly," said the CEO.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about ten years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

Sounds like FUN YAY~~!!. What a bunch of numb skulls.. I wouldn't want to work for a jerk like that, ever.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Now that I think of it even more, that's exactly why they brought out this numb skull instead of Robert again because they know Robert is just a coked up arse that runs his mouth a little to much about how he really feels about people that slave to make money for him and his coke habbit..

The damage is done already. Fire his arse next if anything and stop "tOOting" about threatening peoples jobs in a recession and how brilliant of an idea it is..

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
How is that, from what I see at least for PCs, MW2 is generally regarded as a failure, yet people think, as Activision said, a 'changing of the guard' and a chance for new people to rise is going to bad?

I believe it will go either way, and I'm interested to see how. I felt MW2 was utterly meh, and I think it's great we'll see some new lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.