Adding a SSD on a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0002ns

Jul 18, 2018
Hello,

I recently bought a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0002ns, which has a 256 SSD M.2 installed, and I would like to add an additional SSD. It doesn't have a HDD, but it has a empty space (marked in red) and a empty slot (marked in orange). Is it possible to connect there a 2.5" SSD with some kind of adapter?

A picture of my board

25t8fev.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Jul 18, 2018
Hi, thank you for the answer.

In the video the guy just replaced the HDD with a SDD, but as you can see, my laptop doesn't have one. It has a space (which I marked in red), but I'm not sure if I can place an SSD 2.5" in there. What do you think?

Jul 18, 2018

After whatching the video, the HDD on that model is placed where in the red marked area in my laptop and conected in the orange one.

So I guess I will need a Sata HDD Cable http://.

The question now is do I need some kind of SDD bracket to place it there?

Honestly, not 100% sure.... It's really kind of hard to judge the depth/space in the pic you posted.

You'd need the cable, absolutely. As for a bracket.....probably.
Depends though. An SSD doesn't "need" to be secured down, like an HDD does. No moving parts. If the chassis would hold it firmly in place, then the bracket isn't necessary (IMO).

If there's any movement though, you run the risk of it disconnecting.

Jul 18, 2018

Sorry guys, I didn't see the responses...

After doing some research, contacting suppliers, etc, I finally got the cable from a chinese supplier on aliexpress. They even created the selling page for the item for me. You can find it here:

You just have to force it a bit, preferably with a thin plastic tool. It takes a bit of effort but it will come out.

Dec 2, 2018

can you fix link, its not working