Adding aux to a sony mhc ec69i hifi system

nicksellick

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
The speaker I own does not have an aux input but I have seen many tutorials on people adding them on to a cd player or through the tuner however these are all on outdated speakers. I have dismantled the stereo however I am unsure which method is preferable and I am not sure which point to solder to as it is more up to date. Can anyone help? Thanks

There is no "universal" way. Depending on your "Stereo", you can hack CD interface, or find out the "input" selector, and connecting somewhere here. You need to understand a little bit how this stuff works in order to hack it.

If you can find schematics for your stereo and post a link here, someone might be able to help.

nicksellick

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

I don't think I have the manual or anything anymore however I can provide pictures of the PCB. Do I need to solder to the R in and L in and ground or the outs or something completely different? Edit- I have found the solder point to add it in I now need to disable the antenna as even without the antenna extension the radio still works :/

nicksellick

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I managed to resolve the issue I found the tuner R in L in and ground points and soldered to it and set the tuner to AM to reduce interference it works well up to just above half volume after this the quality becomes to poor. I think this is due to poor quality solder on my part and the aux wires aren't great but any suggestions to better improve the sound would be helpful :)

barescarson

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

i would like to do the same thing. could you please post or possibly email steps so i could also do this

nicksellick

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

Hi Barescarson I'd love to help :). The method I used means all functions on the speaker all work the only drawback is that dependent on how powerful the source to the aux is determines how loud the speaker will go. I think it would be easier to send you a picture of the motherboard as every step is relatively basic. Initially you want to remove the plastic case to reveal the upright motherboard. (I recommend unplugging the speaker from the mains whilst doing this in case somehow you get a shock). once you have removed the panel you need to prepare the aux cable so cut off one end of the cable and separate your wires. You should have a ground and two other wires. All aux cables have the same wires but they can be different colours. One of these is the right wire and the other is the left. It helps if you can find out which wire is which by looking online but its no big deal if your unsure. If you are using the same speaker system as me you need to make it so you have two wires for each (ground, right and left). This is because there are two points on the motherboard one for the left speaker and the other for the right speaker. To do this I soldered small pieces of wire on to the main body. You can just attach it to one point for ease however I think this reduces the quality. The next step is soldering these to the motherboard and a picture will best explain where to do this. If you give me your email I will attach an image showing this. Hope this helps. Nick

Feb 25, 2018

Hi. I, too, am looking for a solution. If you still have the image, could you possibly email it to me? Thank you.

don't post your email address on the forum

Mar 14, 2018
I'm also looking for a fix for this. I hope the wiring isn't terribly different in my ec609ip. Could you send me those pics as well. A link to a Google drive or something like that is probably the best option to avoid posting emails here.