adding wireless speakers

tomcurt

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I have a Technics 5 speaker surround amp with Bose speakers and subwoofer.

Does any mfr. make a device I could connect --- say, through the headphone jack perhaps? --- that would allow me to send sound wirelessly to wireless speakers (say, like Sonos) located elsewhere in the house?

Solution
If you use the headphone jack as an audio output you probably won't be able to use the main speakers at the same time. Usually plugging in to the jack cuts off the sound from the speakers.
Sonos speakers are designed to go on your wifi and get music from streaming services, internet radio, and drives on your network directly so the only way to get audio from the HTS would be to use a Sonos Connect. That has inputs and outputs so it would add Sonos music sources and control to the HTS as well as send the output of the HTS to the Sonos speakers.
A bluetooth transmitter could be connected to the headphone output as a more generic solution allowing the use of different speakers but far fewer since most bluetooth transmitters will only pair...

kanewolf

Judicious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tomcurt : "Adding wireless speakers"

tomcurt

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017

tomcurt

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Hi kanewolf! I'm pleased to see your responded to my question but I can't see your response on the screen, or figure out how to get to it. Pardon my apparent stupidity

If you use the headphone jack as an audio output you probably won't be able to use the main speakers at the same time. Usually plugging in to the jack cuts off the sound from the speakers.
Sonos speakers are designed to go on your wifi and get music from streaming services, internet radio, and drives on your network directly so the only way to get audio from the HTS would be to use a Sonos Connect. That has inputs and outputs so it would add Sonos music sources and control to the HTS as well as send the output of the HTS to the Sonos speakers.
A bluetooth transmitter could be connected to the headphone output as a more generic solution allowing the use of different speakers but far fewer since most bluetooth transmitters will only pair with 2 devices.

Solution