Admin user profile; I cannot log on to windows 7 on my PC.

LuAnnC

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Cannot log on to windows 7 on my PC. I am the admin and have my password. My user profile is the only admin; I have my password but get a message "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I can only access windows 7 with a non admin user profile set up for my granddaughter and cannot change or download anything. Can you help?

Solution
Try logging on in Safe Mode. If that does not work, boot off the Windows 7 disk and select a Repair setup, that should fix things, although if it's an issue with the administrator user registry or files, things won't work well.

A trick to get another use admin rights, you can use the "runas" command to start the computer management plugin as the administrator and give the other user admin rights. Or even create a new admin user.

At a command prompt, use runas /user:adminusername CompMgmtLauncher

It will ask you for the amdin user password and start computer manager so you can change user rights.
Try logging on in Safe Mode. If that does not work, boot off the Windows 7 disk and select a Repair setup, that should fix things, although if it's an issue with the administrator user registry or files, things won't work well.

A trick to get another use admin rights, you can use the "runas" command to start the computer management plugin as the administrator and give the other user admin rights. Or even create a new admin user.

At a command prompt, use runas /user:adminusername CompMgmtLauncher

It will ask you for the amdin user password and start computer manager so you can change user rights.

Solution

selvakani

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014

If you can't follow the fixes, find another person that knows about computers to help. There are several ways of getting at least your files backed up, including using a boot disk like Hirens or a Linux Live disk, using another admin profile, etc...