Solved! Administrator account logged on

Jun 26, 2018
Hi,
Whenever i tried to login in my laptop,Administrator logged in instead of other local account.
I don't want Administrator sign in.
Suggest me how to login with my account not with Administrator.

Solution
OK. I think I am beginning to see the scope of the problem. And of course, Microsoft is not being helpful. The official Microsoft answer is as follows:

"Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

net user...

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Once you have another account created, there must always be an administrator account (not necessarily THE account named administrator), you can disable unwanted accounts from the Computer Management console > Users. Also, when you log out (not shutdown) you should see a list of created accounts that exist on your installation. Having multiple accounts should stop any default login and force you to choose an account. Same goes for password protecting your account.

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

Right click on the Windows button, select Computer Management, then Local Users and Groups. No need for Cortana. As far as the error goes, a better description, or a screen shot, would help us diagnose it.

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

At this point, we need more information to help. The more specific, the better. When did the problem start? Was there a recent upgrade/update? Fresh install? What account are you logged into? If it is the "Administrator" account, what did you do to get there (it is disabled by default)? Error codes? Word for word error messages? Do you have he installation media? Anything else that you can think of that might apply to the current situation?

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

I believe that you are correct. Windows 10 HOME edition is limited in controls. You will probably need the install disc/USB.

Jun 26, 2018
This problem starts when i tried to add my user account to local user and group but after some research i found that local user is not there.At that time,i tried to add snapin.In between something happened and administrative rights were removed from my account and i tried to add that right.After some attempts that yes button greyed up that ask for admin right.I did some research and logged in as administrator.I was trying to give admin rights back to my account and this happened

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
OK. I think I am beginning to see the scope of the problem. And of course, Microsoft is not being helpful. The official Microsoft answer is as follows:

"Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and convert the your user account to Administrator or you can create new user account."

Another Microsoft help desk agent suggests the following (and it looks promising):

"We have come around many users who have lost administrator rights on their Windows PCs and thus they were not able to manipulate their system or make changes to it. One common thing we found regarding the issue is that the users who have lost their administrator rights, have only a single account on their system, which was of course the administrator account. As a result of losing the admin rights, you may have issues in using Windows Apps, making new or modifying Windows configuration settings in Control Panel, using Snap-ins and several other problems on your system.

It thus becomes imperative for us to get the administrator privileges back anyhow if we want to run the system without road-blocks. But how do you get back these privileges since for every operation you have to carry out, requires the administrative rights itself, which we have lost unfortunately. While performing a Refresh or Reset will fix the problem, you may want to try out our suggestion first and see if it helps you.

Method 1

•Open an elevated command prompt. (Right click on start button and select command prompt admin)

•Type takeown /U %username% /F %USERPROFILE% /R /SKIPSL (You may also need the /P <password>

•Once that completes type cacls %USERPROFILE% /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

This should force you to be the owner of everything in your profile and grant you full access.

If the issue still prissiest, try Method 2,

Method 2

Press WinKey+ Q, type user accountsand click on the result.

Then select your User Account > Click Manage another account.

In the following window, click Add a user account option.

Now we have to create a local account user. So after clicking Add an account, click Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended), then clickLocal account. Fill the details on the screen so appeared for adding local account. Click Finish when done.

Press Windows Key + Q and type cmd, for the search results, click Command Prompt. Type following command and hit Enter key: shutdown /r /o

The previous step will result your system to boot into Safe Mode. After getting into Safe Mode, press Windows Key + Q, type user accounts, and pick the same from results so appear. You would have now two accounts on your system; first you’re issued admin account and second the local account which you’ve created in step 2. Select local account.

Now click Change the account type link in following window:

Moving on, change the account status from Standard to Administrator. Click Change Account Type.

In this way, the new local account we’ve created has been changed to Administrator. Now you can restart your machine and log into this account with administrator rights. Since you have administrative privileges now; so you can back up your documents from the old administrator account.

Finally, delete the old admin account and switch to Microsoft account to synchronize your settings with new administrative account. Your system will now act normally with full admin rights in your hand."

If all else fails, you could try a system reset. I'll keep looking for alternative solutions. Let me know if any of these work for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS