Adobe Bringing Flash to Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kams01

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Actually, the mobile browser Skyfire for Windows Mobile does support flash so much so that you can view YouTube videos just like you can on a regulat PC.

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
[citation][nom]kams01[/nom]Actually, the mobile browser Skyfire for Windows Mobile does support flash so much so that you can view YouTube videos just like you can on a regulat PC.[/citation]
True. I use it myself and you get full flash and full youtube on my Winmo. How come skyfire makes this possible . . what is the trick?

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]notherdude[/nom]True. I use it myself and you get full flash and full youtube on my Winmo. How come skyfire makes this possible . . what is the trick?[/citation]

I believe they have a server that processes the flash data then streams it to the mobile phone in a usable format, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I was looking into the HTC Touch Pro or Blackberry Storm as my next phone (as it will be a while before the Samsung Omnia is adopted by US carriers) - alas, Skyfire does not work on the Blackberry OS and it does not work on full VGA (only half and quarter). *sigh*

More frustrating, Opera Mobile 9.5 beta still does not have its flash support yet either.

jackleung

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Opera Mobile 9.5 DOES support flash if you have flash lite from adobe installed. check out forum.xda-developers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.