Adobe Fixing 0-Day Exploit in One Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

'We know full well that using our software puts you at risk, but we have a schedule to keep thankyouverymuch. In the meantime, just cross your fingers. Oh and we won't be advertising or warning anyone about the problem.'

I smell a lawsuit...

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
At least they aren't as bad as Apple waiting 8 months to fix a drive by download attack on their Java implementation.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
This is and always has been the first change I make to reader's configuraton and doing so has thwarted several drive-by attempts over the past few years. PDFs almost never contain useful javascript - and i'm being generous in adding "almost".

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
There have been so many security issues with read over the years that I just don't even bother installing it anymore. I just use google's pdf reading abilities.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Best thing to do is to use different pdf reader.
Adobe to abandon its reader and make it open source due to its "failures."

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Why does a document reader need javascript support in the first place? If the document is that complex it more then like should have been made into flash, silverlight, or HTML.

I'm still waiting for them to fix the cross domain execution that is allowing flash based ads to infect PCs with vundo strains.

I agree Foxit reader FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.