Adobe Photoshop Text Engine Error

Avizzo

Commendable
May 29, 2016
Hi there. This is just a quick question that hopefully I can get a quick answer for. I have Adobe Photoshop CS6, and recently, this issue that has happened in the past has come back once again. Whenever I attempt to use the Text Tool, this error, "Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized" pops up. In the past, I did this fix in which resulted in me going into my %appdata% and removing certain text files, shown on this Adobe help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/text-engine-error-using-type.html

Once I did that, the issue was fixed, but after a while, maybe 8-12 months, it is back, however, this time those files are no longer to be seen, and I have no other choices. There are other older videos that show to delete this certain folder in %appdata% known as "TypeSupport," but I believe that was with the older versions of Photoshop, or they just have a different way of removing those files today, such as the fix that I used in the past. Other than that, there are no other ways to fix this, other than reinstalling Photoshop, which I have done about 2-3 times now.

If anyone here can help me, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Avizzo

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Thank you very much! It was actually already on Middle Eastern, but I swapped the Text Engine to East Asian, then back to Middle Eastern, and it works properly now. Cheers to you my friend.