Adobe: We're Fixing the Acrobat Reader Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Why does it take a 100MB download to read PDF files anyway? What is in Acrobat Reader and why does Adobe think it needs to be there?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
"Hypponen even suggested that Adobe get into an update schedule much like Microsoft,"

All companies should be doing this. Anything less is disappointing the customers.

That being said, I DO NOT want any ads on my computer, so FoxIt is not a choice either. It's my own computer, I shouldn't have to deal with ads just to see the damn PDF.

Harby

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
For me its too late. Got Foxit and I'm loving it. Tiny memory footprint, no bloatware and much faster. Sorry Adobe.

Harby

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]"Hypponen even suggested that Adobe get into an update schedule much like Microsoft,"All companies should be doing this. Anything less is disappointing the customers.That being said, I DO NOT want any ads on my computer, so FoxIt is not a choice either. It's my own computer, I shouldn't have to deal with ads just to see the damn PDF.[/citation]

Theres an option not to install any ad-related stuff with FoxIt.

randomizer

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
The only ad I saw in Foxit was the coloured bar in the top right. Not that noticeable after a few seconds of reading. It irritated me like crazy when I first installed the program though.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
I think adobe has become a trusted brand, much like having a windows, or starbucks logo. People see it enough, and then they want it. I know before i started getting into computers, thats all i wanted because thats all i knew, and all i saw. It would be very hard to get everyone to switch from adobe, almost every computer has it.

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]The only ad I saw in Foxit was the coloured bar in the top right. Not that noticeable after a few seconds of reading. It irritated me like crazy when I first installed the program though.[/citation]

We can always hide it every session, just need 2 clicks anyway...

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
great so the solution is to have advertisement laden foxit, crap crap crap. being advertised to death here, be damned if im going to click and hide ads every time I open a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 7
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
Paul Wagenseil Streaming Video & TVs 6
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 1