Advice any laptop under my budget !

G

I want to buy a laptop, here is the configuration :
■ Intel Pentium Dual-core Processor T2310 (2. 00 GHz )
1 GB will be fine : 2 GB will be great
Hard Drive- 160 GB Serial ATA
Operating System - Windows Xp
a average graphic card that can play Cs: s, Fifa

Operating System - Windows Xp is must , i live in India-mumbai ( Bombay ) my budget is 30,000 - 35,000 ( $ 800 - $850 )

can any one suggest me any thing, i have post my query in http://forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1051297.htm

for more information reply, i need this laptop in under 15 days please . :hello: :ouch:

frozenlead

Distinguished
I read the thread you posted earlier, and I have a few questions:

Why the pentium dual-core? The core 2 series are better by far, with little price increase, if any. No application will care for a pentium dual-core over a core 2.

Why windows XP? I read you weren't comfortable with Vista - but really, it's a great OS. For your price range, though, I recommend you get comfortable with Vista - you don't have the cash to try and buy a copy of XP. Also, if you need it in 15 days, you're asking for trouble replacing the OS. Almost all notebooks today will sell with Vista.

None of the notebooks they suggested in that thread will run CS:S favorably. Very, very few notebooks in this price range can. I would recommend nothing less than an 8400GS as a graphics card in the notebook.

I'll look around for a bit longer.

G

thanks for the reply frozenlead,

Is not that i need pentium dual-core, core 2 is also fine with me . but i dont want windows XP as my os because i heard that Vista is too slow and its is not a better option for laptop , Xp is the best os for laptop or desktop .

i have a pirated cd of XP sp3 but it is safe to use pirated cd, i dont know any thing about this please reply .

NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCI-E i can afford that thanks for the informing .

G

thanks for the reply frozenlead,

Is not that i need pentium dual-core, core 2 is also fine with me . but i dont want windows XP as my os because i heard that Vista is too slow and its is not a better option for laptop , Xp is the best os for laptop or desktop .

i have a pirated cd of XP sp3 but it is safe to use pirated cd, i dont know any thing about this please reply .

NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCI-E i can afford that thanks for the informing .

sorry for posting again but i cant edit the post but i dont want windows vista :D :D

frozenlead

Distinguished
XP offers no performance increase over Vista. What you heard is old news, and has been for a long while now. I recommend Vista. Not that you have to take it, but I would never go back, having used Vista for a while now.

If you're using pirated software you're on your own. Sorry, but pirating just isn't the right thing to do.

The 8400 will play CS:S okay at low settings. However, none of those integrated solutions will.

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Vista SP1 and XP SP3 have nearly identical performance on identical hardware.

But as frozenlead implied, if you choose to knowingly use pirated software, we're not so much inclined to help you.

TRENDING THREADS