Advice for Macbook pro 2011 needed!

Tritinum

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014
I am going into design school next year.I have a Macbook Pro 13inch early 2011 with i5,4GB ram,320Gb SATA drive & Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics.Will the macbook workout for me or should i consider buying another laptop or should i upgrade the specs of the mac ?

Solution
There is not much you can upgrade that will actually affect performance (just ram and hard drive I think). I'd keep the mac for your design school unless performance is really crucial. If so then you should just take the mac for basic schooling and portability and have a desktop with it for real work. If neither of those fits and you need a workstation laptop, you'll need a new one.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
There is not much you can upgrade that will actually affect performance (just ram and hard drive I think). I'd keep the mac for your design school unless performance is really crucial. If so then you should just take the mac for basic schooling and portability and have a desktop with it for real work. If neither of those fits and you need a workstation laptop, you'll need a new one.

Solution