Advice for speakers on pc

DeumBelli

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
I recently just got the logitech z323 speakers and the subwoofer is very disappointing(for that price i assumed as much). It seems to distort very easily. I want to send them back and get another replacement but i have no idea what to get.

I want some speakers that would be good for watching videos and playing different kinds of music which is why i need adjustable bass. I have been looking at about 4 speakers for a replacement.

For cheaper price i was looking at cyber acoustic CA-3602a or logitech z523.

On the higher end i was thinking of logitech z623 or klipsch pro media. I could however possibly get them for $70 off which puts them in my price range. The only reason i didnt get them is that im afraid they will be way too loud for my very small room. For example will i be able to keep them at a low volume for my room or will the volume knob be too sensitive?

Which do yall recommend because im in desperate need of some speakers for my computer? I would like to be able to play it low when others are home but i would like to turn the bass up when im home alone however im not talking about crazy loud bass because i have neighbors all around.

Solution
not sure about your room size, but they were fine in a 13 x 14 ft room. i've since upgraded to an even larger system which is still fine.

keep in mind that you have two volume adjustments, the volume knob on your set as well as windows volume so you should be fine.

DeumBelli

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
They look like they might take up too much space i need some small satellite speakers for on top of my desk. Im not looking for something as fancy as that i just need 2 speakers and a subwoofer anything else will take too much space as my room is already too crowded.

EDIT: Also, if you read my whole post you would understand that im not looking to pay a whole bunch the only reason i am able to get the z623 and klipsch is because i will be able to get them cheaper sorry for not clarifying that.

i've personally had the klipsch promedia 2.1 in the past. its a good high quality set although the subwoofer is a bit too large and overpowers the satelites easily even when turned down. build and sound quality otherwise were great (i ended up returning them and getting a klipsch home theater system instead). certainly not a bad choice if you EQ the bass down and run the subwoofer at minimum settings.

the z623 will be improved over the z323 and is pretty decent sounding for pc speakers. i feel they are a bit overpriced though.

if you could do without a subwoofer a mini hifi set may also work http://www.cnet.com/news/build-your-own-desktop-stereo-for-under-70/

DeumBelli

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
so if i have a very small room a 200 watt system like the z623 or klipsch wont be too much? Such as if i turn the knob a little bit will the volume increase by a lot?

not sure about your room size, but they were fine in a 13 x 14 ft room. i've since upgraded to an even larger system which is still fine.

keep in mind that you have two volume adjustments, the volume knob on your set as well as windows volume so you should be fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS