Advice needed Mac

May 10, 2014
Hi,
I have zero computer skills aside from checking emails and searching for sites on the web.
I need to buy a new lap top. I really want it to be light and small as I will be traveling a lot. Dilemma is that I need to run some graphic software for two specific tasks - layout for cards to be printed with a simple image and text and the more complicated task of tracing a hand drawn image in order to be able to have it printed in big format without it going pixilated or fuzzy around the edges. I am guessing Illustrator? but I have no clue what may suffice.
Can anyone please advice if a Macbook air upgraded to 8Ram and 1.7 processor would be able to achieve these two above tasks? Obviously a more powerful Macbook would be better but I am interested if an air would still be capable of achieving results. I am not worried about speed or the latest specs and wouldn't be using it too much. I am very confused.
Thank you in advance.

plaintuts

Estimable
May 5, 2014
the Mac is actually designed for those things.. so the mac book air will do the job, plus it light and portable.
if your going to do some intensive video rendering, then get the Pro.

May 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it. One more quick question in regard to the graphic software relating to the tasks I outlined above, would you advise getting Illustrator or would there be another program, even a free or cheaper one that would do the job?