Solved! Advice on choosing a laptop

Solution
Between the links you provided, the ASUS F515 wins, in my opinion. It has better specs than the Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-50RS- 512GB SSD instead of 256GB, a full version of Windows 10 Home while Acer's comes in S Mode (Only lets you use programs from the Microsoft Store), and from what I have seen ASUS laptops in general have a better build quality than Acer, and it's cheaper.

On the other hand, the ASUS does not seem to come with a fingerprint reader, and it has a 2-cell battery while the Acer has a 3-cell one (Which to me is a big deal, but 3-cell is not great either). The Acer also has an Ethernet port, while the ASUS does not- If you get the ASUS and want to use Ethernet, you can use a USB-Ethernet adapter.

mrmike16

Honorable
Between the links you provided, the ASUS F515 wins, in my opinion. It has better specs than the Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-50RS- 512GB SSD instead of 256GB, a full version of Windows 10 Home while Acer's comes in S Mode (Only lets you use programs from the Microsoft Store), and from what I have seen ASUS laptops in general have a better build quality than Acer, and it's cheaper.

On the other hand, the ASUS does not seem to come with a fingerprint reader, and it has a 2-cell battery while the Acer has a 3-cell one (Which to me is a big deal, but 3-cell is not great either). The Acer also has an Ethernet port, while the ASUS does not- If you get the ASUS and want to use Ethernet, you can use a USB-Ethernet adapter.

Reactions: Bill#
Solution
Oct 26, 2021
Thank you for the advice. I'm not tech savvy and had no idea there was a difference between Windows 10 Home and S Mode. I think I'll go with the ASUS F515 as the fingerprint reader and Ethernet port are not as in important to me as SSD
and knowing that ASUS has better build quality. That is a big plus for me.

Reactions: mrmike16