Advice regarding which item for the go.

Sinvael

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Good day to everyone.

I started looking for a computing solution for day-to-day use outside of my home. I'm probably not going to be able to access my (fantastic) home desktop PC and so, am looking for a new mobile machine. I tried going over the available tablets and it seems that they are not enough. So, maybe a laptop?

The requirements are as follows:

• ■internet connection (wifi).
    ■big screen (say, 10' and up).
    ■able to play asx / asp
    ■sketching capabilities i.e. digital pen input and operating sketch applications.
    ■as lightweight as possible.
    ■USB for external keyboard (the built-in keyboards are tad on the small side and unhealthy for long hours of work, so I'd like to use a big ergonomic one)
    ■bonus: could be used as a peripheral for my desktop.

I would like to thank all for reading my post and for your valued input in advance.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
If you can afford one I'd go with a Surface Pro 3, if not then go with another Windows 8 tablet like a Dell Venue 11 Pro.

If you want Android I'd go with a Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.

Sinvael

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

I tried playing the video file (asp / asx) with some of the android based tablets I've got lying around. Transformer ASUS, for example. and none of them were able to play it. I think that anything android can't run those at all, but I'm not 100% sure.
My phone couldn't as well - samsung galaxy.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Android stopped supporting flash awhile back but the industry is moving towards HTML5 to replace flash. Another thing bluetooth will work for a keyboard and most modern devices support bluetooth.