advice to improve live stream please

libby1

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
We live in regional town near Ballarat. We've a large hill blocking the Ballarat signal so we make do with a weak signal from Dandenong and in case of ch10 no signal at all. We only get 2s and SBS thru Foxtel satellite no other FTA.
Antenna guy, little help. Would a Terk Trinity antenna be suitable for us to get ch 10

Solution
First of all ... not sure about the Terk Trinity antenna

Moving right along ... wondering if this is a recently moved into residence as ours was?

I am asking because my partner and I recently moved to Sanctuary Point and had similar problems ... i.e. we tried to tune stations in multiple times (only getting garbled channel 9 sounding like a problematic alien broadcast) and it wasn't until we realised that the last people in here took the power supply to activate the roof mounted aerial booster for the signal that we got the problem sorted.

Basically, in this case, there is a device that plugs into a power supply and part thereof of the device into the aerial outlet thereby making the connection to the outside aerial coaxial cable and...

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
First of all ... not sure about the Terk Trinity antenna

Moving right along ... wondering if this is a recently moved into residence as ours was?

I am asking because my partner and I recently moved to Sanctuary Point and had similar problems ... i.e. we tried to tune stations in multiple times (only getting garbled channel 9 sounding like a problematic alien broadcast) and it wasn't until we realised that the last people in here took the power supply to activate the roof mounted aerial booster for the signal that we got the problem sorted.

Basically, in this case, there is a device that plugs into a power supply and part thereof of the device into the aerial outlet thereby making the connection to the outside aerial coaxial cable and antenna with booster ... note that if there is more than one aerial outlet inside the premises that a single outlet will power the booster connected to the antenna and then both TV's (if is the case in your situation) can be tuned from the single booster. You will need to test which outlet will provide the required power to the booster on the aerial.

In our situation in this location, we also found that we were picking up 2 transmitter areas and therefore when we tried to tune the TV's they were picking up way more channels than was required, so basically when we got to the point of tuning in 33 digital stations on our main TV (Samsung Smart) we had to yank the coaxial cable connecting to the TV so we only got what was required and not have to watch 9 through 355 or something silly like that.

Also, I understand this an article from 2011 but .... it might give you a little bit more of an idea of what is happening. There are a couple of hints in there if you read carefully:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/556391/ballarat-digital-tv-trouble-what-you-can-do/

Good luck my friend and welcome to country living where DTV reception can be problematic and Internet can be about as good as peddling your stone wheeled car for power :) Gotta laugh cause otherwise ... well you know.

Solution
If you live in a valley where the signal has to go up then down to you, you have an insoluble problem. You will be relying on very weak reflective signals only. Go around the neighborhood and notice external aerials, knock their door and ask what their experiences are.